Position requires 2 years demonstrated recovery experience.
Please detail recovery experience on application or attach a cover letter.
- Provides information and support to individuals in the hospital Emergency Department who are assessed as medically stable and in need of detox services
- Encourages individuals to participate in social detox and facilitates admission in contracted regional providers
- Engages family members and other supports as appropriate
- Facilitates transportation to the social detox resource using an agency provided vehicle
- Uses electronic clinical record to complete required documentation
- One full time and one part time position work within the Emergency Department during scheduled shift
- Additional part time positions remain available during scheduled shift to respond to the hospital within one hour of being called
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 21 years of age or older
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated personal recovery experience
- Completion of Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services 15 hour approved Peer to Peer Mentor education program within six months of employment
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Must pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
- Requires both the flu and COVID-19 vaccinations